Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Delicious Autumn!


             ”I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine by staying in the house.  
So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air.” 
~ Nathaniel Hawthorne

It’s gotten a lot cooler in Texas.  Mornings are in the high 50’s or low 60’s, and perfect for running!  After months of 100 degree days and lows in the high 80’s, it’s unbelievably refreshing to head out the door in the morning and feel a chill.  With the cooler temsp, I finally had the opportunity to run in our short sleeve tech shirt this week for the first time, and it was wonderful!  I try to be really conscious of what I wear on runs, because it’s one of the easiest things for runners to control.  Can’t always control how my legs feel or my stomach feels, certainly can’t control the weather or the traffic, but I can control my hydration, my fuel, and my clothing.  In an upcoming post, I’ll share the guidelines I use for what I wear on the path based on the weather.

We had a great weekend at the Heels & Hills & Him packet pickup and race last weekend.  We saw some old friends and met a lot of new friends, all of whom we are very grateful for.  And we love seeing our shirts on runners!  I ran the 5K Sunday morning and really enjoyed it, Paula and her team always put on a great event.  It’s been a good week for running for me. 

We had a very nice review written of our long-sleeve tech shirt by a triathlete and blogger, Rebecca Korb, who is a member of the Team Cook Train Eat Race (www.cooktraineatrace.com), and is going for a Boston qualifying time at the Portland Marathon this coming weekend!  Go Rebecca!  Here is the link to her review: http://tribeccato.wordpress.com/2011/10/02/virawear-run-like-a-warrior/  Rebecca has a great blog, so be sure to look some around while you’re there. 

We still have free shipping on the website - come and shop with us!  Have a great week, and run like a warrior!


No comments:

Post a Comment